Monday 16 June 2014

Weekly Workouts - WC 8th June

So last Sunday I still had my first 4 miler to complete for my long, slow, easy run... And I did it!
I wasn't looking forward to the run because in the past I've stuck to running in the building compound on weekends.
One round of the compound is just under half a mile, but it's full of kids playing, cars and bikes buzzing past, stray dogs tripping me up and potholes. I feel like I'm on the hamster wheel when I run in the compound, and that takes some of the fun out of my runs.
As I've enjoyed running home from work, I figured that an outside run would be best, so I set off on a new route and it was fun! 

The monsoon has arrived in Mumbai. It's still been hot in the day as we've only had a few showers so far, but it's feeling a little cooler at night and the wind had picked up.
I haven't run in the rain yet, but I must do soon. In just two weeks time I run my first 5k - Monsoon Madness! There's a strong possibility that it will be a wet race, so I need to practice in the rain. 

I'm super excited... It's just 2 weeks until my first 5k! I've been feeling a little under the weather this week so haven't pushed it. I was out for a while month earlier this year when I got ill with bronchitis, so decided to take it easy mid week. Also work has been very stressful, with many projects on the go all at the same time. 




My weekly workouts:
Sunday: 4. 03miles - I did it!
Monday: 3.12 miles - added a new loop on the way so didn't have to run in the compound
Tuesday: Rest
Wednesday: Hectic day... Left work late so ran direct route home = 2.45 miles
Thursday - Saturday: Feeling blah = Rest
Sunday: The Nike 'Rise & Shine'/' Welcome to the Grind' commercial inspired me to get my ass into gear - I went for my first run in the day-time, as it was cloudy and cool when I took Coco down for a walk... Unfortunately it got sunny and hot when I was running, and despite me having plenty of water I became dizzy so thought it was best that I cut this one short = 2.23 miles



Let's see what next week brings!
 
Happy Running...
Claire

Tell me:
  • Your fave motivational videos? 
  • Tips for making sure you get your runs in?
  • Any ideas about how to nip a cold in the bud? 

No comments:

Post a Comment