Wednesday 28 May 2014

Breakfast / Post workout smoothie

Last week I made this fab smoothie. It's sweet and chocolatey, but there's no added sugar anywhere!
The sweetness comes from the banana and dates and the chocolatey-ness from cocoa powder. You can use whatever milk, nuts and dried fruit you prefer for this... I'm wondering if apricots will go well with this??




What I used:
1/4 cup oats
1/2 cup milk
1/2 ripe banana
a few dates
a handful of nuts, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon cocoa powder

Method:
Whack everything in a blender
Blend
Enjoy!


I've made this a few times in the last week. One day I used some almonds and cashews in my smoothie, as that's what's lying around at home. Another day I used a few teaspoons of peanut butter. Both were yummy. I threw in a little cinnamon powder and sultanas (golden raisins) on another occasion. Again, this was good. I have some dried figs at home too, think I might throw a few in next time!


Enjoy...
Claire

Tell me...
  • What is your favourite smoothie? 
  • What fruit do you use in a smoothie like this?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment